Mumbai Couple Found Dead In Bathroom, Of Suspected Geyser Gas Leak, Hours After Playing Holi

March 10, 2023 0 By JohnValbyNation

In a tragic incident, a couple from Mumbai was found dead in their flat due to a suspected geyser gas leak.

The couple, identified as Deepak Shah and Tina Shah, was found dead inside their residence in Kukreja Towers in Mumbai’s Ghatkopar on Wednesday.


Jump To

Found dead in bathroom 

The incident came to light in the morning when the couple’s domestic help came to work.

As there was no response for a long time to the doorbell, the domestic help contacted Deepak’s mother, who then informed a relative living close by.

The relative also tried several unsuccessful attempts to reach them on the phone, after which the police were called.

The cops opened the door of the flat with duplicate keys and found the couple lying lifeless.

Representational Image

Gas leak form geyser suspected

The bodies were reportedly found naked in the bathroom and had no visible injury marks, ruling out any foul play.

The couple had celebrated Holi with neighbours on Tuesday, hours before their tragic death.

According to the police, Deepak was involved in the garments business and the couple had no children.

Second incident in 24 hours 

While the postmortem of the bodies is yet to be done, it is suspected that they died of asphyxiation from a gas leak.

This is the second such incident to be reported in the past 24 hours.

A couple from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, allegedly died of suffocation due to a gas leak from a geyser on Wednesday.

The victims, Deepak and Shilp, who were residents of Agrasen Vihar phase one colony of Muradnagar, were found dead by their children.

Representative Image

According to the police, after celebrating Holi, Deepak and Shilpi went to take a bath and switched on their gas geyser but did not notice the leakage.

After about an hour, their kids found them lying unconscious.

The couple was rushed to a private hospital in Ghaziabad city, where the doctors declared them brought dead, police said.

Two brothers die of gas leak from geyser

Last month a similar incident was reported from Hisar, Haryana, where two brothers died of suffocation due to a gas leak from a geyser.

10-year-old Madhav and his elder Soham were found lying unconscious in the bathroom by their mother, who went on to check on them after the boys did not come out for a long time

The two boys were taken to a private hospital, where doctors declared them brought dead.

For more on news and current affairs from around the world, please visit Indiatimes News.